1. Use of this website implies an acceptance of the terms and conditions below, as well as any agreement bound by them.
2. Swop and Stay grants a limited, revocable license to all registered members to use this website in compliance with the terms and conditions.
3. 20 FREE Swop Tokens will be allocated to your account when joining as a member of SWOP AND STAY.
4. Minimum requirements - Prospective members must:
- Be the owner of a fully operational guest accommodation business
- Preferably have a website (a professional one-page website can be developed at a nominal fee negotiated with the Swop and Stay administrator).
- Pay the required membership fees, which apply for one calendar year.
- Swop Units cannot be transferred or exchanged for cash.
5. Quality control policy:
Swop and Stay is not involved with quality grading and, while members fulfil the minimum requirements to join, the onus is on the guest to ensure that the establishment complies with their own personal standards. Complaints about Star grading should be directed to the Tourism Grading Council.
6. Members have the right to free accommodation at any of the registered establishments in exchange for one swop unit per person per night at a time suitable to the host.
7. Registered owners undertake to make their establishments available to bona fide members with available swop units, at a time suitable to the host.
8. Although a host is under no obligation to accept a booking request, once a swop is accepted and confirmed it constitutes a legally binding contract which must be honoured by the host and may not be cancelled unless agreed upon by both parties.
9. Should a host renege on above clause, he/she should pay for and arrange suitable alternative accommodation for such member.
10. Should a guest confirm a booking and not show up, applicable swop units will be forfeited and the host will be entitled to charge you as the room could have been sold to paying guests.
- Cancellation has to be arranged with the host personally, and the host has to agree to the cancellation
- Only the host can cancel the booking online.
- No cancellations allowed within 5 days of arrival date to be fair to both host and guest
- No shows will forfeit tokens and potentially be liable to a room charge from the host as the room could have been sold to a paying guest
- Within 2 days of arrival, no token reversal can take place as the system has allocated these to the host.
11.Only the registered member, or his appointed manager (specify name clearly) can make a booking.
12. Swop units may be used to make a booking for family, friends or a staff member by the member or his/her appointed representative.
13. The host is eligible to hold the guest responsible for any damages or misconduct by himself or sponsored guests and registered members accept full responsibility in such event.
14. Swop and Stay is exempt from any responsibility with regards to any damages accrued by a host or a guest during a swop stay.
15. At the end of a membership year, swop units in your account will be retained and carried forward to the next year.
16. Meals are not included, but may be offered and charged for by the host.
17. Cancellation or termination of membership:
- No refunds will apply upon termination of membership.
- In the event of the establishment being sold, ownership change or establishment closing down, the administrators should be notified. A member may retain his/her unused swop units, providing membership fees are up to date.
- The administrators retain the sole discretion to terminate any membership due to abuse or non-compliance with any terms and conditions herein set out without any refund.
- Should a member fail to renew his/her membership by paying the annual membership fee within 30 days from invoice date, he/she will lose all remaining swop units and there will be no refund of registration or subscription fees.
18. Intellectual property:
The Swop and Stay site and all original content is the sole property of Swop and Stay and may not be duplicated or used in any way without prior written consent from the administrators.
All private information entrusted to Swop and Stay (such as e-mail addresses or other personal identifying information) will not be shared with third parties and will never be publicly visible unless expressly agreed to.
IMPORTANT: Upon registration you acknowledge to have read and understand all the above clauses and agree to accept and comply with the Terms and Conditions as set out in this document.